There has been a minor update to S1 TOPS. Below is a list of the new updates.
1. In the older versions, for the SLC folder, when there are two adjacent scenes that could be merged, the code will create a new “merge folder (that will end in SRPZ.MRGE)” that stores necessary new files. When coregistration finishes these merge folder will be deleted.
Now, instead of deleting these “merge folder” at the end of coregistration, the code will rename the folder to “TMP.*******”. The user can delete all TMP folders if they want; but in the case where the user keeps it, and run an update, or reprocess, the merge process won’t happen again, the code will directly go search for TMP folders and use them. This will dramatically improve the efficiency, especially when there are a lot of merge folders, and the user is running updates.
2. More information will be saved in the case where tops fine coregistration fails. This would increase the speed of the debug process.
3. Fixed a few bugs in s1 tops process.
I had a few people asking questions about updating their sites. Here are a few tips that might be helpful:
1. After the coregistration finishes, you can feel free to delete every file in FITTED/FORMER and FITTED/LATTER. This could save your disk space. They are temporary files that could be regenerated.
2. This is how update s1 works: To update new images, the code will search for ONE IMAGE CLOSET TO THE OLDEST OF YOUR NEW IMAGE LIST, and this one image MUST ALSO HAVE A COPY IN BOTH FORMER and LATTER folder. For example, if there is only one image in both FORMER and LATTER folder, it will be used as the reference start image for updating.
3. HOWEVER, if there’s no image in FORMER/LATTER folder, the code will look for the date closest to update images, and generate corresponding files in FORMER/LATTER folder. Essentially this is a space-time tradeoff. If you store all files there are no need to reprocess during updates. If you don’t store it will require time to regenerate necessity files for updating.
4. In the future, we plan to delete all file in FOMRER/LATTER after tops coregistration for the purpose of saving space.
5. At last, one doesn’t really need to do any above process to update. The process is as simple as putting updating images in SLC folder and follow the buttons in slc data important module. I just feel the necessity to explain a little bit how it works for now.
This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Yuxiao.