sarproz-group

Linear trend threshold

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      cnu_lee
      Participant

hi,Pro. Daniele,

I have one question about APS estiamtion “linear trend” threshold.I found if I set “linear trend” between -90 and 5. The deformation velocity result is in this range. But if I set the threshold between -120 and 5, the result will be in this range.

So how to decide the accuracy of the result?

periz
        Keymaster

why are you surprised that the result is within the imposed range?
          the range is used exactly for the purpose to limit the result within a minimum and a maximum.
          the result can be different in case of noisy data (the algorithm has a random component, and random data can lead to random results)

anyway, never use a-symmetric ranges in the APS processing: you do not know the direction of the connections. In the APS processing, always give symmetric ranges

cnu_lee
            Participant

–“why are you surprised that the result is within the imposed range?”

Based on the velocity results and “linear trend” threshold setting, I found the velocity result is within the range of “linear trend”. In fact, the threshold of “linear trend” was estimated by person,it’s just a estimated value, so it wasn’t correct,and it didn’t conform to the fact.

–“anyway, never use a-symmetric ranges in the APS processing: you do not know the direction of the connections. In the APS processing, always give symmetric ranges”

I didn’t understand what you mean about symmetric range setting,maybe it’s a clerical error. In the first-time APS ,I choosed “Amp. Stab. Index 1 – Sigma/Mu”, linear trend was “-30,30”.In the second-time APS,I choosed “temporal coherence”,linear trend was “-90,5” ,this value was based on the “Velocity” parameters of reference point in the first-time APS.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.