sarproz-group

Radarsat-2 data

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      cnu_lee
      Participant

Another question….
        I imported my 14 RSAT-2 RSLC images into SARProz successfully,but this process was completed in the “data selection” window automatically. Then I opened the “SLC data import “module,but the “get contents”button didn’t work.So I cou’dn’t continue to choose the master area,master extraction,slaves coregistration.

Specifically,
        when I clicked “slc data import” module,and then I clicked “get contents”,the MATLAB said:

untar_dir_slc: the directory /home/lyc/lyc_rsat2/lyc_test/SLC/ does not exist: aborting

get_dir_slc: directory /home/lyc/lyc_rsat2/lyc_test/SLC/ does not exist
        >>

Then I checked the RSLC floder,I found it has been deleted.

periz
        Keymaster

If you are importing data which have already been extracted and co-registered by Gamma, then there is no need any more to extract and co-register them again… Not only: since you do not have original SLC data, the SLC data module cannot work… The software is right in telling you that no data is found (if you would be importing SLC data, you should create an SLC folder and move your SLC data there: check the manual, paragraphs 1.2 and 1.2.1).
          About the RSLC folder, when you import Gamma data, the software asks you what you want to do about such data (keep a copy or not). Data are still there, but they have been written in the Sarproz format.
          After importing Gamma data, you can now move to the next processing sections in “site processing”. If you want to change the master or change the images graph, you can do it in “dataset selection”. You can also extract a subframe if you need it (“sub-dataset extraction”)…
          Let me know if the logic is clear…

cnu_lee
          Participant

OK.I almost know the logic.
            That’s to say, my RSLC format image has been extracted and co-registered by GAMMA and my data is RSLC format,so it’s right that I couldn’t get contents in the “SLC data import” module.
            If I want to re-extract and co-register my master image, what I should do is to process in the “Dataset selection” and “sub-dataset extraction”.If so,I’ll try these steps.

Another question,in the former operations, I choosed one master image in these 14 images manually.And I can see the results in “Dataset Statistics” module.I want to know if I can let SARPROZ helps me choose master image automatically?

Thanks

periz
            Keymaster

NO
              If you want to ” re-extract and co-register” you need original SLC data.
              If you want to choose a different master among your images (no re-extraction co-registration) you can do it via “Dataset selection”.
              If you want to extract a new (smaller area) dataset from the current one, use “sub-dataset extraction”.

Sarproz usually chooses the Master image automatically (giving you the choice to view why and to change it if you do not like it). But this happens when you are starting from SLC images.
              If you are importing RSLC images co-registered by Gamma, clearly the Master was already selected before…!!!

cnu_lee
              Participant

Well,that’s right. I made mistakes. But now I’ve opened the “sub-dataset extraction” module, I found that I could only have a mean amplitude reflectivity map. I want to have a kml file on google-earth to see my study area clearly.What should I do?

periz
                Keymaster

I suggest you to go through the tutorials and exercises section in this website.
                  To export your data in google earth, you should use the extended geocoding function.
                  Please be aware that, if you import SLC data, the software gives you all the tools for area selection, visualization and so on.
                  If you import RSLC data, the assumption is that you already prepared your data before.
                  Now you can still visualize the data, but you have to follow other steps (please check the tutorials).
                  Good work

cnu_lee
                  Participant

OK, Thank you! Professor Daniele.
                    I’ll try according to the turtorials and exercises.
                    Best wishes for you!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.