sarproz-group

import sentinel 1A data

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      krzych1234
      Participant

Hi,
        How to import sentinel 1A data?

My soure image is TIFF format,it’s in a folder called ”S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20170319T073316_20170319T073344_015758_019F18_2569” ,its original name is s1a-iw1-slc-vv-20170420t045223-20170420t045248-016223-01ad22-004.tiff .

So I put image in folder “SLC” : /C/Users/Krzychu/Desktop/SLC/S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20170319T073316_20170319T073344_015758_019F18_2569/,and set the working directory.But it didn’t work .

First identified directory: /C/Users/Krzychu/Desktop/SLC/S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20170319T073316_20170319T073344_015758_019F18_2569

get_dir_slc: no known format recognized in directory /C/Users/Krzychu/Desktop/SLC/
        I don’t know how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

periz
        Keymaster

All satellite data come in a specific format.
          The format is not only about the file containing the data.
          Format may include also subdirectories and additional meta data.
          You should never touch such structure and never separate original files.
          In particular Sentinel data are organized in directories whose name terminates with .SAFE
          and they have subdirectories called “annotation”, “measurement”, “support”, …
          If you are working in linux, you can place tar files in the SLC folder, the sw will do the rest.
          If you are working in windows, extract the data in the SLC folder preserving the directory structure.
          best

krzych1234
          Participant

I do not know if I understood correctly.
            I work in windows. So I do not have to create “SLC” directories. All I’m putting in to directory, whose name terminates with .SAFE ?
            I did that and it didn’t work.

What are corrently directories structure?

Yuxiao
              Spectator

when you download your Sentinel SLCs, create your own directory for data, like, “TEST”, then inside this folder create a new one called “SLC”, and put either all the .zip files of Sentinel inside, or the zipped folders, ended in “.SAFE” inside the SLC folder. then read the “TEST” folder in sarproz.

cp02
                Participant

Hi! I followed all the instructions but I cannot import S1A data.
                  I put the zipped folders, ended in “.SAFE” inside the SLC folder. The SLC folder is inside a folder called TEST:
                  D:\TEST\SLC\S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20170904T050435_20170904T050502_018221_01EA10_A12F.SAFE
                  Please, in attachment you will find the error message.
                  Thanks.

periz
                  Keymaster

can you please send error and log again?
                    no need to rar them

cp02
                    Participant

Thanks.

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      periz
                      Keymaster

please update your code http://sarproz.com/manual/manage_version.html and try again

cp02
                        Participant

I’m sorry, but when I click on “Check online”, another error message is created.

Please, in attachment you will find it.
                          Thank you.

Attachments:
                          periz
                          Keymaster

please check your email

cp02
                            Participant

It works. Thank you for your assistence.

krzych1234
                            Participant

It works 🙂 Thanks for help.

mhrnciar
                              Participant

Hello!

I’m trying to process 23 Sentinel-1A images. I’d created folder named ‘S1_DATA’, inside this folder I created ‘SLC’ folder. All of the images I downloaded into ‘SLC’ and unzipped them as I’m working on windows machine.

In ‘Select Dataset’ I chose directory to the parent folder (D:\S1_DATA\) and the ‘SLC DATA Processing’ window popped up. I unchecked Untar and Del tar options, but when I clicked on ‘Get Contents’ I got error saying “can not find SENTINEL xml file!”.

Full error message together with most recent .log file are in attachchments.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Matus

Attachments:
                                mhrnciar
                                Participant

Hello!

I’m trying to process 23 Sentinel-1A images. I’d created folder named ‘S1_DATA’, inside this folder I created ‘SLC’ folder. All of the images I downloaded into ‘SLC’ and unzipped them as I’m working on windows machine.

In ‘Select Dataset’ I chose directory to the parent folder (D:\S1_DATA\) and the ‘SLC DATA Processing’ window popped up. I unchecked Untar and Del tar options, but when I clicked on ‘Get Contents’ I got error saying “can not find SENTINEL xml file!”.

Full error message together with most recent .log file are in attachments.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Matus

Attachments:
                                    Yuxiao
                                    Spectator

Are your folder structure identical to what I demo here?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4odh9ye4k422in/Screenshot%202017-09-29%2019.12.36.png?dl=0

yuxiao

mhrnciar
                                      Participant

Thank you for the quick answer.

This is what my structure looks like.

Attachments:
                                        Yuxiao
                                        Spectator

Please email me your log file at qyuxiao@sarproz.com.

Due to a recent wordpress problem I am not able to see your log file here on forum.

yuxiao

mhrnciar
                                          Participant

I’ve sent it to you.

Yuxiao
                                            Spectator

Just to note for other’s reference, this problem has been solved.

It appears that one of the SLC folders was corrupted and does not contain the xml file that is required for reading in meta data.

In the next version of sarproz we will add a folder integrity check for Sentinel Tops folder inside the SLC folder for data import purpose.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.