sarproz-group

IMPORTING THE ENVISAT ASAR DATA

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Vinay Gaddam
      Participant

DEAR SIR, I AM TRYING TO IMPORT THE SLC DATA OF ENVISAT ASAR OBTAINED IN .N1 FORMAT. BUT I AM GETTING THE ERROR AS “ERROR IN ASAR_IAS_META<>: ONLY SUPPORT ASAR IMS OR APS DATA!”. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO SORTOUT THIS PROBLEM.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Yuxiao
        Spectator

It simply means your data is not supported, it is not IMS or APS data

Look into the name of your N1 data, and you will know what it is

or you can post the name here so we can know what type it is

Vinay Gaddam
          Participant

Dear Yuxiao, The name of the asar file i am trying to import is “ASA_IMS_1PNUPA20100621_045425_000000162090_00291_43431_6800”.
            Can you please suggest me that, is there any way to convert this file to IMS or APS?

Yuxiao
              Spectator

Hi,

Sorry that I missed a detail in your attached picture.

I see that you’re using two sensors.

If you want to do this, did you follow this instructions?

“The software has also the possibility of processing two sensors together (as ERS and Envisat. See References).
                To do this, you need to create another folder within the DataSet directory.
                The folder must be named with the second used sensors (e.g. c:\my_data\my_site\ENVISAT if the second sensor is Envisat)
                At the moment this option is implemented for: ENVISAT, ERS, RADARSAT
                The second dataset must be independently converted into the software format.”

reza-karami
                Participant

hi
                  and, What is the name of the folder for each ASAR image in slc directory?
                  for example:
                  ” ASA_IMS_1PNUPA20050614_064342_000000162038_00106_17194_5808.N1 ”
                  Is this name correct? What is the correct format?
                  Thank you sooner

periz
                  Keymaster

to detect ASAR images, Sarproz searches for ASA_… files. they can be in subdirectories or all in the SLC folder

reza-karami
                    Participant

Dear Periz,thanks for your support.

Vinay Gaddam
                    Participant

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, i saw that we need to create two directories for two different sensors. I have created two different directories for ERS and Envisat. Still i am getting the error. Please check the attached for error message. please guide me to convert the .N1 data to IMS or APS.

Attachments:
                        Yuxiao
                        Spectator

Can you try to make a new folder, and only put the two envisat into the SLC folder of your new folder, and see what happens?

It’s kind of wired because the name looks like exactly an envisat SLC image.

Besides, what’s the point of putting three pairs of SAR images required in 1991, 1999 and 2010 together? It is pointless.

periz
                        Keymaster

Hi Vinay,
                          as you can clearly read in the messages, if you get an error, in order to get assistance you have to send the lasterror.mat and the log files

Vinay Gaddam
                          Participant

Dear Dr/Mr. Periz,

Please find the file in rar format.

Attachments:
                            periz
                            Keymaster

the error u sent here shows that the sw cannot connect to the ftp server for downloading orbital data

u have the following options:

a. find a better internet connection (e.g. via a VPN)

b. download manually the data from esaftp.dfd.dlr.de and store them in a folder called G:\ORBITS
                              files have to be organized according to sensor and year like:
                              G:\ORBITS\ENVISAT\2007
                              G:\ORBITS\ENVISAT\2008
                              G:\ORBITS\ERS1\1992
                              G:\ORBITS\ERS2\1997

c. uncheck the external orbits flag and use the state vectors

Vinay Gaddam
                              Participant

Dear Sir,

What you said is correct. Yy system is using a (iisc) proxy to connect to internet.
                                I cannot connect to internet by VPN right now. i will try it later.

I am trying to connect to esaftp.dfd.dlr.de, but it is asking the user name and password to retrieve the files. from ESA, i have downloaded the orbit files earlier. can i use the same here.
                                Please check the attached and let me know whether i can use the same or i have to download the data from ESA which requires user name and password.

Yuxiao
                                Spectator

If you believe you have the correct orbit file, in the same level of your data folder, create a folder by the name of “ORBITS”, and put your orbit file in structures like this:

ORBITS/ENVISAT/yyyymm or
                                  ORBITS/ERS1/yyyy or
                                  ORBITS/ERS2/yyyy

where yyyy is the year and mm is the month of your orbit file

But you must make sure you have the correct one

periz
                                  Keymaster

it looks correct, but you have to unpack the files
                                    if anything is not in the right place, the sw will tell you what he searches for

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.