sarproz-group

small area – saving results

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ivca-cz
      Participant

Hello,

I would like to ask how saving result variables in the small area works and what is the right procedure to estimate one variable (ktemp) first and another one (defo) later.

I have saved the small area results using save (computed without linear deformation) before and now only loaded it. the file ktemp.mat is old. So, without any computation, I clicked on “write results” in the sparse points tab, and then changed the settings so as to compute defo and read the ktemp and heights. However, when I start geocoding tab again, I get “parameter not available” (as nothing was computed). Seems to me that this process is not really deterministic, sometimes I can get it and sometimes not… but it happened at least two times.

What is bad in this procedure?

I would also like to ask if it is possible to find somewhere what file is used as the temperature or one must reload it every time to be sure. I have more files with similar values of temperatures which I am not sure to distinguish in the graphical view.

Thank you in advance, Ivana

periz
        Keymaster

The small area processing has been designed as a process independent from the full site analysis. Even if they can interact (see b).
          So, my suggestion is:
          (a) if you want to carry out different processing sessions with different parameters, you should save every time a different small area dataset. You do this using the “save” button in the small area processing. Such operation is saving an independent mat file, without interacting with the full site files.
          Be careful (1): if you change some parameters in the PSI processing module, it’s better you close the geocoding processing module and you open it again.
          Be careful (2): in the small area geocoding module, when the parameters of a single point are listed, you get more values. The first one is the one just calculated. The second one (in brackets) is the one that was written on the disk in the full-site matrixes. The small area processing usually is not saving results in such common files (unless you do it, as it is described in the following).

(b) If for some reasons you want to write the results processed in the small area in the full site matrixes, you have to use the “write results” function in the “multi image InSAR analysis” module in the “site processing” window.
          BE CAREFUL: the small area processing is computing the results w.r.t. a reference point which may be different between the small area and the full site analysis. If the reference point was not processed in the full-site analysis, you are putting together uncorrelated and inconsistent results. So, you have to use it only if you know what you are doing. If on the contrary you verified that things are consistent, that is the way to save permanently and globally your local results.

About the temperature: Sarproz distinguishes between using “internal” downloaded values, or external ones loaded manually by you. Sarproz tells you which values are used (external or internal). But you have to know which external file you loaded…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.