sarproz-group

An automatic way to select reference point-APS estimation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      seweryn
      Participant

Hi SARPROZ developers,

I’m aware that in the APS estimation module, SARPROZ offers some auto selected reference points based on their coherence values and we need to define finally a reference point which leads to have maximum histogram around zero for both residual DEM error and deformation. I need to make it more automatic, without need to look at the histograms and play with the reference point selection. I want to automatically select a reference point with high coherence and on the ground and with no deformation(having maximum of histograms around zero). Does SARPROZ has the potential to allow us doing this?

Thanks,

periz
        Keymaster

Sarproz automatically selects the best reference point according to a number of criteria, including those you mentioned.
          Nevertheless, in the Sarproz course, we teach how to judge the goodness of the reference point and what to consider to pick up a good one. In most cases, the automatic one is good enough. In some particular situations, the automatic choice might not consider all peculiar details. That’s why some supervision is required.
          best

seweryn
          Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please guide me what criteria are used to select the automatic reference points? before selecting the reference point we estimate the deformation rate and residual error for the arcs connecting each two points and saved in AutoConnex.mat. what parameters in Autoconnex.mat and how they used to select the reference point? Can the user have access to the code which does this? I am looking to avoid supervision and make it completely automatic.

Thanks,

periz
            Keymaster

if you want to make your own code making your own choices automatically, you are very welcome. you can load the autoconnex.mat in matlab and check all estimated parameters. names should be self explanatory. if you have questions just ask. then you can save the reference point and load it afterwards. you can do it also from the command line.
              best

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.