sarproz-group

Differences and Correlation between Cumulative Displacement and final value.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      leewoneung
      Participant

By setting the smart value to 5 and executing the time series module, the settlement value of PS-InSAR was obtained as the excel data.
        However, there are many differences from the last value of the time series and the cumulative displacement.
        I know that cumulative displacement analyzes the first and last images using a specific module.
        I used 21 TerraSAR-X satellite images.
        The images are a period of about one year and six months every 22 days.
        In this case, should I look at cumulative displacement as a true value, or should I look at the last value as a true value?

Could you tell me if there is a formal formula for calculating cumulative displacement?

Warmest regards,

Mr.LEE

periz
        Keymaster

If you use the smart option, the modeled displacement is a non-parametric estimate of the displacement. In other words, the smart option filters the displacement, and the filtered series is the result.
          modeled_disp = filter ( displacement )
          The cumulative displacement in Sarproz is always calculated based on the model, so
          cum_disp = modeled_disp ( end ) – modeled_disp ( beg )
          This is why there can be a discrepancy between displacement ( end ) – displacement ( beg ) and cum_disp.
          but the discrepancy will be small, of the same order of the noise of your data series
          best

leewoneung
          Participant

I would like to see the settlement of PS points over time. So is it better to use a time-series analysis rather than a cumulative displacement??

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.