sarproz-group

General Multi-temporal InSAR Procedure question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      asteriospapas
      Participant

Dear all ,

Since we have S1A and S1B over our heads every 6 days Interferometry has become an easy way to monitor the earth .

However, say you want to perform a Multi-temporal InSAR Procedure on an unknown area, just to check if something is happening, with no reference data to support you, or previous knowledge of the deformation pattern. How would you approach the following issues:

1. Firstly, selecting a linear or a non-linear approach?

2. Should i use the unwrapped interferograms for the APS and SPARSE Points processing?

2. How to select a stable reference point? (unfortunately i do not have a really, in depth, geological background)

3. Should i trust the result, when i don’t have previous knowledge of the area?

4. And if I am forgetting something else, which is vital in a processing such as this, please fill in.

Thank you,
        Cheers,
        Asterios

periz
        Keymaster

Hi Asterios,
          the general answer is: you would need to take a Sarproz course, where we teach exactly this, that is, how to judge and improve your results without any prior knowledge.
          More in detail, always start with the easiest and default approach: linear trend, automatic and default choices. The software extracts and suggest you numbers, reference points and so on. Then the software offers you a series of visualization tools and tests to judge if your initial choices were good or not. When all tests are positive, yes, you can trust the result.
          I suggest you work at organizing a course in your institution. Then let us know.
          best

asteriospapas
          Participant

Thank you Mr Perissin for the quick response.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.