sarproz-group

Height and Relative Height from ground

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  antig 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

antig
    Participant

I am still left confused that mean H estimation in sarproz. does it is dem or aditional height form ext.Dem or height difference from reference point. For example in H.jpg major H estimates are negative. I calculated APS result was fine. Calculate Sparse points seems also ok. Even output seems ok and logigal. Othe only thing that disturbs are “Height relative from ground” are almost all points negative values (result.jpg). I dealing with Senitnel data

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

antig
    Participant

Seems like all set is turned upside down. Points that are close to ground are smaller negative values than points that are on top of buildings. Heights numbers, if take absolute value, seems also ok.

periz
    Keymaster

1. Height of point P is relative to the reference point Ref
    2. Final Height = External DEM Height + Residual Height
    3. The way in which things are estimated depends on your choices: if you remove or not the external DEM height, if you use multi-master differential interferograms or simple star (single master) interferograms, if you take your estimation from the APS processing module (integrated in space) or from the MISP (with single ref point), and so on.
    You give no details about the steps you followed and in particular you do not show the external DEM height.
    So, plot and past the ext DEM height, and tell us more about processing steps and ref point location.
    best

antig
    Participant

I use single star graph with APS. Coherence is good. APS is calculated at Amlitude stabiliti index form valuse >0.75. Test coherence is good. So everything should be ok. Ext. DEM model is used and its SRTM.

I calculated other orbit to (different direction). There are all hights ok. If I look both dataset, there are diffrences in defermation, but not crusial. Only thing is that one data sets are heights from ground negative other positive. Negative heights geocoding is shifted fiew pixels, but its understandable because reference surface is wrong.

periz
    Keymaster

so, is it a problem of the reference point?

antig
    Participant

I tried diffrent reference points it does not helped.
    I changed dem global-> local (ALS based 10 m res). helped so that -29 m become -27 . So practicaly nothing.

Stuck as jeep in mud. Wheels spinnig but no result 🙂

periz
    Keymaster

can u attach the ext DEM in SAR coordinates?

antig
      Participant

Yes I did

antig
    Participant

I calculated also Small area with no APS. Result is same negative height and height from ground are negative ~20m

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

periz
    Keymaster

can u attach the ext DEM in SAR coordinates? (third and last time)

antig
    Participant

yes

antig
    Participant

Hi

I had made some progress. I changed APS Graph from delanuay to autoflowers(clusters). Result is that some points have already positive heights :). But they are minor.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.