sarproz-group

Radarsat-2 data import

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      cnu_lee
      Participant

Hi,professor

How to import radarsat-2 data?

My soure image is TIFF format,it’s in a folder called”RS2_OK60115_PK140099_DK124064_W1_20101122_222717_VV_SLC”,its original name is image_VV.tif,in these folders ,there are other XML format file.
        I try to put one TIFF format in SLC folder,the work directory is like this “/home/user/rsat-2/”.It didn’t work,SARProz couldn’t identify my image.
        So I tried another means,I put the whole “RS2_OK60115_PK140099_DK124064_W1_20101122_222717_VV_SLC” folder in SLC folder,and set the working directory.But it didn’t work either.
        I don’t know how to solve this problem.

Thanks you,professor.I hope to get your response when you are not busy.

periz
        Keymaster

Based on the Radarsat-2 data we processed up to now,
          the software searches for directories containing the string “_RST2”.
          I suggest you at this moment to manually rename your directories including such string.
          We may change the code later when we will confirm the naming convention.

espiritocz
          Participant

Hi,
            same problem here – I tried to solve it by renaming all RS2 directories to contain _RST2 string but it didn’t help:

First identified directory: /C/Process_SARPROZ/Brno_radarsat/SLC/RS2_OK55634_PK527325_DK467628_F23_20140808_163838_VV_SLC_RST2

get_dir_slc: no known format recognized in directory /C/Process_SARPROZ/Brno_radarsat/SLC/

thank you.

Milan

periz
            Keymaster

sorry, the string _RST2 must be included but the directory must also terminate with _SLC
              if you rename it e.g. RS2_OK55634_PK527325_DK467628_F23_20140808_163838_VV_RST2_SLC it will work

espiritocz
              Participant

Thank you, however it still doesn’t work:

First identified directory: /C/Process_SARPROZ/Brno_radarsat/SLC/RS2_OK55634_PK527325_DK467628_F23_20140808_163838_VV_SLC_RST2_SLC

get_dir_slc: no known format recognized in directory /C/Process_SARPROZ/Brno_radarsat/SLC/

periz
                Keymaster

right, this works:
                  RS2_OK55634_PK527325_DK467628_F23_20140808_163838_RST2_VV_SLC

espiritocz
                  Participant

yes, it works now.

thank you

espiritocz
                    Participant

hi,
                      i get another issue – it seems that Radarsat-2 gets wrong rotation – the GCP is set properly (manual match of airport object), but the whole image is shifted to the South while it should be to the North. Thus also DEM doesn’t match.
                      It seems to me that the software expects different mirroring/orientation of the image. Maybe a different format?
                      I have ascending fine mode VV data.
                      Sending screenshot – the “red” extent is original kml from CSA – the extent below is the mirrored amplitude mean from Sarproz – you can see in the overlapping area the airport that matches well.

Thank you for comments/update.

Milan

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      cnu_lee
                      Participant

Hi,professor,

I get two parts of RST-2 images, the one is .rlsc format co-registered by GAMMA with .par file, the other one is raw data, (e.g. RS2_OK60115_PK140099_DK124064_W1_20101122_222717_RST2_VV_SLC). But the two parts of images aren’t during the same period.I hope to put them together to process.Is it OK in principle?

I create a SLC folder and RSLC folder to put these data, but SARPROZ couldn’t recognize the RSLC folder, even though the raw data could be recognized in SLC folder.

Could the process work in another import way?Or it can’t be realized at present?

Thanks for your comments,sir.

periz
                        Keymaster

CNU_lee: at this moment you cannot mix gamma RSLC images with new SLC images… in principle it’s possible but at this moment the sw is not considering such option… we will implement it in the future, but for now I suggest you to find a different solution…

Milan: I see such thing for the first time. Probably the orbital data are flipped. Can you share one image with me for debug?
                          d

espiritocz
                          Participant

Hi, thank you.
                            indeed, the orbits have huge errors, showing also strong phase ramps.
                            I will send you one image for reference using ftp (in private message). thank you!

Milan

periz
                            Keymaster

Milan:
                              the data were stored in a flipped format. Now the data extractor has been generalized and the image has the right orientation.
                              I saw the big orbital data errors. However, we did not test the phase flattening yet.
                              Let me know if you still get big ramps. If so, we’ll also generalize an orbit correction.
                              Pcodes and compiled version for windows are now updated.
                              The linux compiled version not yet: we’ll update it in the next days
                              d

espiritocz
                                Participant

Dear Daniele,

thank you for fast response!
                                  I will test it now (Manage Version shows the last to be from 27-Apr, is it the new one?).
                                  The topic of AOI is subsidence of buildings – three weeks ago a dangerous movement was (accidentally) detected over one building. With this dataset we may detect this movement in similar way you did for Hong-Kong, we’ll see.

Milan

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.