sarproz-group

Sentinel-1 orbits – new repository (Nov 2023)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      alpetrucci
      Participant

Dear users,
        ESA has replaced the repository for the Sentinel-1 orbit files. The new portal to download the orbit files can be visited here https://dataspace.copernicus.eu/

The new repository will be implemented in SARPROZ soon. In the meanwhile, you are kindly asked to download the files manually.

antig
        Participant

Is there any instruction somewhere on where and which files should be placed so that SarProz can find and read them?

periz
          Keymaster

Hi Anti,
            here some infos https://www.sarproz.com/groups/sarproz-group/forum/topic/sentinel-orbits-in-sarproz/
            usually Sarproz tells you what orbit files are needed, however, I am afraid in this case (change of repository), the error prevents the message from being visualized.
            You should manually check the orbits you need and place them in the corresponding folder, as described in the link above.
            We’ll update the help files and also the code for automatic download
            Thanks

janbu
            Participant

Hi all,

While the new repository is implemented, you can try using the Python script sentineleof (https://pypi.org/project/sentineleof/).

Hope this helps.

alpetrucci
              Participant

Dear users,

a beta-version of the new downloader for the Sentinel-1 orbits is now implemented in the software.
                In this version there are some know issues that will be fixed soon. In the meanwhile, please read below for the solutions:

1) in case you receive a message from the server aobut “Too Many Requests”, please just repeat the downloading process re-doing the “Set Orbits” step another time;

2) in case you receive the following error: “WARNING WARNING: Your local orbit file seems to be corrupted! Please delete the CORRESPONDING FILE and try again”
                Just delete the orbit files listed in the terminal (they should be 0 bytes files) and do again the “Set Orbits” step.

New updates will come soon!

antig
                  Participant

i did not saw any update option in the morning

mahtab
                  Participant

Dear Daniele,

I am using the latest version of the software; however, it still seems automatic downloading does not work for Sentinel-1 orbit files. I have got empty folders of orbits. Is the issue with my case specifically or it has not been implemented yet in the software?
                    Just in case I have also attached the log file.

Best regards,
                    Mahtab

Attachments:
                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    mahtab
                    Participant

Dear Daniele,

Problem solved! I noticed that I did not put my account information in the advanced parameters for the automatic downloading. I am all set now.

Thanks,
                      Mahtab

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.