sarproz-group

small area: time series CSV export

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ivca-cz
      Participant

Hello,

I am asking about exporting time series in small area module.

Normally, I tick “mov”, “temp” and “model” to see the “real” movement happening there, and the model line is fractional (of course), and then press CSV.

But if I want to see the movement without the temperature component, I tick “mov” and “model” and expect the line to be straight (but it is not). And also, the time series are exactly the same except for a small change in lat, lon coordinates (this is what I do not understand at all).

Can you please advice me how to export time series without the temperature component?

Thank you very much, Ivana

(using the version of 9-Jun)

periz
        Keymaster

Hi Ivana,
          sorry for the late answer, your matter highlighted a bug that needed some attention.
          A new version is going to be uploaded in the next hours and the model mov/temper stuff should be fixed.
          However, I do not understand what you mean when you say that there is a small change in lat and lon coordinates: what are you comparing to see the change?

periz
          Keymaster

If the comparison is between data exported after processing them with different options, this is the answer:
            lat and lon coordinates are estimated using SAR coordinates + the height estimated from phase time series
            if you process phase time series using different options for the movement, the height (which is jointly estimated together with the movement) will be slightly different.
            as a consequence, also lat and lon will be slightly different.
            if the movement model and the corresponding result is similar, the height change will be minimal (tens of cm) and consequently the lat and lon coordinates.
            however, in some particularly complex cases, the choice of the model may be very important and the result very different…
            d

ivca-cz
            Participant

Thank you, it works for my first AOI (I checked only if the model line is fractional or not).

However, in my second AOI, the model line is a straight line for most of the time, however at the end, it gets fractional again.

The weather data is complete here so that I do not understand it. However, as you answered me recently in a different topic, the weather data are downloaded first from a station near the whole image center, and then, when the area is cropped, it is re-downloaded from a station near the AOI. Then, maybe due to different versions used for the initial processing and the updates, the weather data for one AOI are from various stations (up to 3 but it is a different AOI/dataset, so not attached now), situated more than hundred km apart.

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              periz
              Keymaster

how is the plot of the temperature as a function of the acquisition time looking like?

ivca-cz
                Participant

normally… attached

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                  ivca-cz
                  Participant

Hi Dan,

this effect was caused by the fact that the weather download (update) was performed between the small area processing and the display (geocoding), probably after save/load. So, it helped to reprocess it and display again and the lines are already straight.

I am sorry, still getting into the system…

Ivana

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.