sarproz-group

Rg Slope aclaration

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      dsanchezalamo
      Participant

Hello, I would like to get a better understanding on analyzing Rg Slope Button in Small Area Processing –> Geocoding. My problem is when I look the Ground profile and the Line of Sight in the graphic, I obtain a line that apparently is impossible to get because the line of sight cross the ground profile twice. How can I understand the graphic?. In addition, other points in the same analisys have this problem.

Best regards,
        David

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        periz
        Keymaster

Hi David,
          in that plot you can see the red point indicating the location of the pixel you are observing
          the blue line is a line connecting the satellite with the ground point
          the black line is the local ground profile taken from the DEM you loaded (SRTM by default).
          In principle, this is what is plotted, independently from whether it is true or not (e.g. the location of the target could be wrong -if data are wrongly geocoded- or the local slope could be wrong -if the DEM is wrong-, and so on).
          The fact that the blue line intersects the ground slope twice is nothing wrong in itself.
          best

egimenezlwd
          Participant

Hello.

I understand that the local ground profile is taken from the DEM but my doubt is about the section of the DEM that is represented on the graph. ¿Is it an East-West cut or a section perpendicular to the LOS?

Thank you for your help.

periz
            Keymaster

Hi,
              the section is containing the LOS, perpendicular to the azimuth direction (flight path)
              best

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.